Tuesday, December 19, 2017

The DIRT - 12/19



LUKE BRYAN: New Album Lands on Top of Charts

Luke Byran's What Makes You Country lands at the top spot on the all-genre Billboard 200 and Top Country Albums charts this week.

Image result for luke bryan what makes you country 

He says, “So much thought goes into creating new music and I really try to write and find songs that I feel are staying true to me while staying fresh and fun. I try and imagine people singing along in their cars or with me at my shows. To have What Makes You Country go number-one is so exciting and rewarding for me, my team and my fans. It drives me to keep working harder and growing!"

Check out Luke on the encore presentation on CMA Country Christmas on Thursday at 9 p.m. ET on ABC.


SCOTTY McCREERY: New Album in March

Scotty McCreery will release Seasons Change, his first album in five years, on March 16th.
Image result for scotty mccreery seasons change
 

Scotty co-wrote all the tracks on the album. Commenting on it he says, “In the last five years, I have grown from a teenager to a man, moved out on my own, lost my grandfather, proposed to the love of my life and learned more about myself than I could have imagined."


BLAKE SHELTON: Reaches Number-One!


Blake Shelton has topped the charts yet again with his latest single, "I'll Name the Dogs."

Image result for blake shelton
 

The song reaches the number-one spot on the Mediabase Country Airplay chart this week, seizing the throne from Luke Bryan's "Light It Up." Brett Young's "Like I Loved You" and Eric Church's "Round Here Buzz" each rise one spot to number-two and three on the chart, respectively.

Russell Dickerson's "Yours" jumps three places to number-four, while Maren Morris' "I Could Use a Love Song" rises one spot to round out the top-five.





HILLARY SCOTT: Celebrates "Twin Princesses"

Lady Antebellum's Hillary Scott celebrated her twin girls with the cutest baby shower in Nashville last Thursday.

Image result for hillary scott baby shower
 

The rustic-themed shower featured cupcakes with cacti-shaped icing and some special guests. Kelsea Ballerini was in attendance, along with the wives of Hillary's fellow Lady A band-mates, Dave Haywood and Charles Kelley.

Hillary's twins are due in February.


JON PARDI: Duet With Miranda?


It's not a done deal, but if Jon Pardi has his way, Miranda Lambert will be on a song on his new album.Image result for jon pardi and miranda lambert
 

Jon says, “I’m working on it, but we did shake hands. You know Miranda -- she’s a Texan. A handshake goes a long way. There might be some collab on the next record. I’m really excited.”

The song is one that Miranda wrote that Jon picked for the record. He'll have some time to convince her -- he's opening on her Livin' Like Hippies tour, which kicks off on January 18th in Greenville, South Carolina.






No comments:

Post a Comment