Friday, January 8, 2016

Twang Town Lowdown: Friday, Jan. 8th



DUET WITH MIKE FISHER? – GARTH BROOKS

Earlier this week, Carrie Underwood posted a video on social media of her husband, Mike Fisher, in the car singing Garth Brook's song, "The River." In the caption for the video, Underwood hinted that a duet might be coming soon, but it's unclear if she knew Brooks himself would be Mike's new duet partner. Garth recently took to Instagram to re-post the video of Fisher singing in the car and also had a proposition for the professional hockey star. Brooks said in the caption for the post, "@mfisher1212!! Bro, that is AWESOME! I HAVE to call you out after that...Nashville is the last city on the American leg of the World Tour...You and me, on stage, The River. You in? love you pal, g" Garth's mention of Nashville as the last city on the American leg of his World Tour was also the first time he's ever announced that!



RACHEL REINERT PARTS WAYS WITH GLORIANA




Rachel Reinert has parted ways with the trio Gloriana. Reinert made the announcement on Twitter yesterday, posting a lengthy heartfelt message about her decision to leave and also what's to come. Rachel wrote, "It has been such an incredible ride and I have so many beautiful memories that I will cherish for a lifetime." She then thanked everyone who's been a part of her journey with the band for the past eight years and also sent her love to former bandmates, Tom and Mike Gossin. Rachel wrote, "This was not an easy decision, nor one that I took lightly, but I felt that it was time for me to move on and follow my heart. I sincerely wish Tom and Mike Gossin all the best."

Reinert also spoke about the next step she's taking in her music career, saying, "I am excited to announce that I have begun working on the next chapter of my life as a solo country artist. I will be taking the first part of this year to write and record my album and cannot wait to get the music out as soon as I possibly can." There has been no word yet from the Gossin brothers or Gloriana's label Warner Music Nashville about Rachel's departure from the band. The group's latest studio album, Three, was released in June of last year. Gloriana's website has no upcoming tour dates listed for the band.


MIRANDA AND GWEN: FUTURE BFF's??


So how do Gwen Stefani and Miranda Lambert really feel about each other? You might be surprised.

A source tells E! News, "Gwen and Miranda are actually big fans of each other's music and respect each other as artists. Miranda has always thought very highly of Gwen and thinks she is an extremely talented artist." The source adds that Miranda is really happy for Blakeand Gwen, and that she's enjoying her own new romance with singer Anderson East.

Miranda and Anderson have been on a ski holiday in Aspen, where Anderson reportedly fell on the slopes and broke his collarbone.

No comments:

Post a Comment