Monday, March 28, 2016

Twang Town Lowdown - Monday, March 28th

 


WORKOUT PLAYLIST – THOMAS RHETT


Thomas Rhett has been partnered with the nationwide 24 hour gym and fitness center Snap Fitness as the brand's 2016 spokesperson. As the spokesperson, Thomas is hosting boot camps in select tour markets throughout the year to further promote his "I Feel Good" health initiative with them. People often cite their busy schedules as a reason why they don't exercise often, but Rhett wants everyone to know that it can be done -- and he's living proof. Thomas tells Taste of Country, "I'm trying to convince them that my schedule is super busy too and any way you can find a way to squeeze some of that stuff in, it helps you feel better and look better and helps them live a long, healthy life."

So, what helps Rhett pump up the intensity during his workouts? That would be music, of course. Thomas shares, "If we're doing a cardio day, it has to be all uptempo. Your 'Uptown Funks,' your 'Downtowns.' I put a couple of my songs in there, not that I listen to my music on a daily basis." He adds, "I feel like I made some of those tracks for me running on a treadmill." But for his weight training days, Rhett opts for slower songs like "Roses" by EDM duo The Chainsmokers or "Started From the Bottom" by rapper Drake. Some of the other songs that make Thomas' workout playlist include the Rolling Stones classic "Start Me Up," The Cadillac Three's "Get Your Buzz On" and Dierks Bentley's "Somewhere on a Beach." Rhett still has upcoming boot camps dates scheduled in Dallas on May 21, Minneapolis on June 11 and Columbus, Ohio, on June 18.

THE MOM HAIRCUT – CARRIE UNDERWOOD


Carrie Underwood's hairstyle has changed a lot since she was a contestant on American Idol more than a decade ago, and she's welcomed some of those changes. Carrie tells Elle that when she was on Idol, it was the first time anyone besides herself had fixed her hair. She says, "Even growing up, when we'd go to prom, I did my own and I've always done my own." And Underwood admits that her big hair days are in the past. She says, "There were some (looks) that I don't think I would do now–I had big hair. I had a lot of big hair. And I like big hair, but I wouldn't go back there again."

Now, Carrie is rocking a much shorter hairstyle and she has a good reason for doing so. She says, "Now that my hair is shorter, it's easier to fix, which was the whole point. Cutting my hair was a 'mom' move." Underwood washes her hair every day because she's constantly working out and sweating, and she says that shorter do equals more quality time with her son, Isaiah. She says, "I could spend half an hour to blow it dry and have it be super long, or I could spend that time playing with my son, and I'd much rather do the latter."

HARMONICAS FOR HEALTH – CHRIS JANSON

Chris Janson has teamed up with ACM Lifting Lives and the Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (COPD) Foundation to start a program called Harmonicas for Health. The health initiative is part of the COPD Foundation's Pulmonary Education Program (PEP) and works to encourage COPD patients to exercise their lungs and improve their lives through the power of music. As the spokesperson for the initiative, Janson recently paid a visit to patients at Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, to see their progress as they learn to play the harmonica to treat COPD. Chris says, "I can attest to the healing power playing the harmonica provides. As an asthmatic, harmonica playing has helped me overcome my breathing problems and make some damn good music." The COPD Foundation's goal is to have 25 Harmonicas for Health programs launched at various hospital PEP locations nationwide by September.

No comments:

Post a Comment