Monday, September 25, 2017

The Dirt - 9/25


MEGAN LINSEY: ISSUES STATEMENT AFTER ANTHEM CONTROVERSY

Former Steel Magnolia singer Meghan Linsey sparked a controversy when she chose to kneel after singing the national anthem at yesterday's (Sunday) Titans game against the Seattle Seahawks.

Image result for MEGHAN LINSEY
Many took to social media to voice their anger while others supported Meghan in the symbolic gesture.

Today she issued the following statement:

I want to say, I love my country and I have so much respect for those who died for our right to stand, kneel or be absent during the anthem yesterday. The heart of our country is our Constitution, and we are all walking, talking, breathing symbols of that Constitution.

Yesterday upon finishing the anthem, I kneeled in solidarity with the players and for those who experience racism and police brutality on a daily basis. I love the American flag, but a symbol is nothing without the people it represents, so yesterday, I kneeled for those who are mistreated, beaten down and disregarded.

It was never a choice for me as to whether or not I would show support for many of my fans and friends who have a heightened level of anxiety and fear because of the hateful, polarizing rhetoric from the President perpetuating a dangerous climate.

I can never be anything but me, the way God made me, and what I do is not just my art, it’s my calling. I will never normalize hate, whether that angers people or not. I knew there would be some backlash from people who don't understand, but there has also been such an overwhelming amount of support from those who applauded and knelt with me, and I’m so grateful for that.

I pray that change is sparked and that our great country can find unity despite our differences.

Love and Light-
Meghan


REBA: DESIGNING WOMAN:

Reba McEntire is expanding her empire. She's inked a deal with Justin Boots to design her own line. 

Image result for REBA JUSTIN BOOTS
The collection is inspired by her life and features casual boots, booties, and classic western boots. She says, "This collection is for all those strong, spirited women and cowgirls at heart who have followed my journey throughout the years."

The line should be in stores soon.

BLAKE SHELTON: NEW ALBUM

Blake Shelton will release his 11th studio album, Texoma Shores, on November 3rd.

He made the announcement via social media. His timing couldn't be better -- the new season of The Voice starts on Monday.

You can pre-order the album now.



No comments:

Post a Comment